13 Juni 2013
Home Based Business- 7 Great Reasons to Start Your Own
Are you tired of working for someone else, always working more but never getting paid more? Are you tired of never being able to show up for your child's school events, because you have a boss breathing down your neck?
Millions of Americans are starting their own home-based business. It doesn't matter if you are young or old, have a masters degree or a high school diploma. You can start your own home-based business with very little start up cost. I'm going to give you a few reasons why you should do this.
1. More time with family- This is something we all want. Think about this. You work 9-5. This is eight hours a day spent with your boss and coworkers, not counting the hour it took you to get to work and back home. You arrive home at 6 pm. Your kids are so excited to see you. They want to tell you all about their day at school. You try to listen attentively while you cook dinner. After you have all eaten and maybe watched a television program together, it's time to put the kids to bed. It's now 8:30 pm. You read the kids a short bedtime story. They quietly drift off to sleep. You look at their precious little faces, and your heart aches that you don't get to spend more quality time with your family. Why should you have to give your boss and coworkers the best part of you?
If you're a parent with a traditional 9-5 job, this is probably something you deal with everyday. You go to work day in and day out, spending the best part of the day with your boss and coworkers. You are left with just a few short hours when you get home every evening to spend time with your kids and husband while in between you are trying to cook dinner. This isn't how it should be, but you ask yourself, what else can you do? You are stuck in the daily grind of your job. You still have bills to pay and groceries to buy. Why not think about starting your own home-based business.
You don't have to be worried about quitting your current job to do this. Get on the internet and start looking. You will be overwhelmed at first. A home-based business can offer you the quality time with your family you truly deserve.
2. Flexibility- How many people can honestly say they go to work in their PJ's every morning, take a break whenever they feel like it, and run errands whenever they want to? A home-based business can offer you this kind of flexibility. Most people can't afford to quit their day job to start a new business, but it's ok. Here's where the flexibility part begins to play in.
Most home-based businesses can be started on a part time basis. You may only work your business a few hours a week. It's not the quantity of time, it's the quality of time you put into it that matters. Work your business whenever it fits into your schedule. It may be late after the kids go to bed or it may be early before anyone gets up. You decide!
3.NO Boss- Do You get tired of punching a time clock, someone constantly looking over your shoulder, telling you when and where to take a break? With your own home-based business, you're the captain of the ship. You are the boss. This means you are going to have to be disciplined. No one is going to do it for you. Just because you are at home doesn't mean you can spend 6 hours a day watching your favorite soap opera.
Write down some goals. This will help keep you focused as you grow your new business. Always know your "why". This is very important, as this is the reason you started your new business. When things get tough and you get frustrated, remind yourself of your "why".
4. NO Commuting- How would you like to save the money you spend every week on gas and use it towards a vacation. The average American is spending anywhere between $2.15-$3.00 per gallon of gas. What if you are driving sixty to a hundred miles round trip to work. Look at the money you could be saving in gas alone if you do not have to commute.
Plug in the numbers and see for yourself what kind of savings you could have. Not only are you going to be saving on gas, but the wear and tear on your car. This all adds up quickly.
5. Financial Stability- Do you avoid checking your mail like the plague because your afraid of what is inside. Does your phone ring off the hook because creditors are hounding you? If this sounds like your life, you may want to think about starting your own home based business. Starting your own business can give you that extra income you need to pay off those bills without quitting your current job. Once you get your feet on the ground, if you are willing to give your business 1-3 years for growth, you could surpass your current income while saving in other areas.
Most Americans carry an average of $8-$10,000 worth of credit card debt. Almost anyone can get a credit card these days. Most people should have only one credit card for emergencies. Think about getting one with a small credit line. If you only have a $1,500 credit limit, you can probably handle this. If you have one with a $5-$10,00 credit limit, you can get in over your head before you know it. I say this from experience. The smaller credit balances are better.
financial freedom is something we all dream about, but for most of us it's not going to happen with our current jobs. The right home-based business has the ability to offer you and your family the financial freedom we all long for.
6. NO Daycare- Wouldn't it be a great feeling each morning to wake up and know your children are going to be with you all day and not some stranger? This is one of the hardest decisions we as parents have to make after having children. Having a home-based business allows you to stay at home with your children full time. You will be the one to hold them when they are sick, see their first steps, and hear their first words.
If you are one of the lucky parents who are fortunate enough to have friends or family who can watch your children when you are at work, great! But most aren't that lucky. You have to rely on daycare to take care of your children when you're at work. You try and tell yourself, ok, these are licensed staff members I am leaving my children with. But the thoughts of leaving them with strangers at all, makes you sick. Maybe your kids cry everyday when you leave them. That makes for a long, guilt-ridden day at work. I say this because I have been there and know what it feels like.
Your kids are going to get sick from time to time, but the odds of them getting sick as often it they are home full time with your are much less than if they are in daycare everyday. This means no calling into work, telling your boss you can't come in because you have a sick child. You will be home with your child to comfort him or her when they are sick, play with them, and take care of them when they are hurt. This is priceless and no one can do it better than you.
7. Tax Advantages- Many people don't realize the tax advantages offered with a home-based business. I definitely do not claim to be a tax expert, but there are many common things that can be deducted depending on what your business is.
Just to mentions a few, advertising, business miles, supplies, business building information, ex. Audiocassettes, DVDs, just to name a few. If you decide to be one of the millions of Americans to start a home-based business, talk with your tax advisor. He or she will be able to give you more information about what deductions are available to you.