25 September 2013
Titanium Vs. Silver & Gold For Unusual & Unique Men's Jewelry
How easily can you find unusual gifts, today, uniquely popular? When you narrow searches to find things special in this new age of niches, you can also find experts. They will answer your every concern with a passion that spells dedication. Some merchants choose to gain a tight focus in only one area, to define expertise more and more and lead in their field, independence set apart and driven to excellence.
Although they cater to smaller segments of the market, they win customers from storekeepers merely dabbling in the connoisseur's area. Experience dominates trade. The more experts define a niche, the more they will even pull away from colleagues in proficiency. Would you rather spend money with salespeople whose involvement in your purchasing affairs only slightly regard you due to volume, or other concerns; or with ones whose intense interest is palpable because they chose to immerse themselves in a particular area, and push on to expert status??
Many seek after experts when they expect to pay for quality, like when you buy each other jewelry. When can jewelry become a niche? Selling rings, or bracelets, necklaces, pendants, maybe? Unless you added uniqueness to one of those, I'm afraid you wouldn't find that unusual present. If you hit upon an unprompted nook, perhaps a web site awaits your visit.
Small segments of a few countries uniquely adorned, don large jewelry as with many silver bracelets, or titanium men's bracelets. Titanium's gained great attention in a market where it competes with precious metals that have been around for thousands of years longer. William Gregor of England discovered it in 1791. Its price's comparable to sterling silver, its expense attributed to it because you can't solder it, and the high-tech processing it requires. Its qualities vary:
1. The ratio between strength and density's higher than any other metal, making titanium men's jewelry more comfortable for the rugged.
2. It withstands extreme heat and extreme mechanical force.
3. It possesses extreme tensile strength.
4. It resists corrosion, especially from oxygen.
5. Its elasticity and its inactivity with tissues bring extreme biological-compatibility.
Titanium's inertness, coupled with its strength to weight (stronger than steel, but 42% lighter) also makes it most sought after, and is the most used element in more industries than anything in existence, today. Its attractive natural gray surfaces cannot affect the skin--it's hypoallergenic. Its pureness as jewelry exceeds competing precious metals: its 99+% pureness skyrockets over 14kt gold's 58%, while platinum's 90% pure, the silver mostly used--92.5% pure.
You can credit titanium for men's growing popularity to its greater scratch resistance, plus its ability to have its surface's color changed through oxidation, exotically and otherwise, adding to its harmony. You can't change most precious metals like that. But, because the color can scratch off, you should purchase colored titanium with a satin finish, or have the color put in grooves to help protect it.
Although many prefer gold and platinum, if titanium had been discovered those thousands of years ago, many agree its popularity would fair well with the others. If only each of us could match such a marked growth as to our quality as titanium has grown in its uses since the time of its discovery...
Now, let's compare and contrast titanium with the traditional metals:
1. You can combine titanium with inlays of gold, or silver in jewelry design.
2. Corrosion resistant, and tarnish resistant, titanium's lasting shine far exceeds the competition: gold's and silver's reaction with oxygen effects a loss of color and shine.
3. Allergies to gold, silver, and nickel (often mixed with gold and silver) adversely affect people: titanium does not react with biological tissues.
4. With titanium, you fair better in water, in outdoor activities--its durability outruns other jewelry that's often lost or damaged. Titanium's strength, and lighter weight deliver confidence, deliver comfort. Find fashion, find new trends, find versatility, find this niche, and find the expert on this newly forming tradition.